Thursday, September 8, 2011

Mystical


                
               Mystical. Magical. Mysterious? What is enchanting? Is it the sun as it sets across the ocean? Or the moon that shines upon the sea? For some reason, I've always loved moonlit nights, misty mornings, sunsets, city lights, clear blue skies and well, anything else you'd put in that category. It just seems sometimes that God's showing off. Giving us a taste of what's to come. I don't know why, but have you ever had that feeling where you look up at the moon and you just know somewhere far away your future husband could be looking at it too and somehow in that moment... you're connected. It's probably just me, yet its warming knowing God has someone out there for me. And that too is mystical and mysterious. The idea that God knows who you'll be with in 10 years and what you'll be doing. What a mystery! He's writing the story of your life. He's turning each pages and twirling the pen through his fingertips as your life goes along. The author of all. 
             Sometimes I feel like a hopeless romantic. I just fall in love with beautiful scenery. I love seeing pictures of places that seem like they're right out a fairy-tale. It just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. So yes, I guess you could say I'm in love with anything magical in this earth. 
            Have you ever seen the last part of the movie pride and prejudice? It reminds me of this kind of magic. There it is, a beautiful morning. The sun just rising through the hills. Both Elizabeth and Mr. Darby walking through a field and meeting each other in the center. Mist swirls beneath their feet, the sun shines between them. And in one moment, they enclose for a kiss. A pure and beautiful sign of affection. (the first kiss they've shared throughout the entire movie). What makes it so beautiful is the fact that it's the kiss that seals their engagement. They have saved it for the one they'll marry. The one they love. I used to hope my first kiss would be that beautiful. So Pure and mystical. Sadly it wasn't in fact nether was the one after that. But noting is stopping the next one from being like that. Yes, I know this world is not like a story-book fairy-tale and things don't happen quite like that. Yes, I must engage in reality, but still one can always dare to dream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment