Friday, June 18, 2010

God's Love Letter to You

It’s hard to understand how God really feels about us and what He wants to say to us especially when we don’t have a stellar relationship with our earthly father.


Whether this describes you or not, God has something special He wants to say to you. Read this letter from God, straight from the Bible and especially for YOU.


My Beloved Daughter,


I am so proud of you. Just thinking about you makes me sing (Zephaniah 3:17). You are the apple of my eye, my daughter in whom I have found great delight (Psalms 17:8, 149:4, Song of Solomon 4:10). Even in your struggles, you look to me. You have not broken your covenant of love with me, and I am so pleased with you. Though you do not see, you believe; though you do not always hear, you listen and obey. Yes, you are yet imperfect. Sometimes you fall down, but I love you in your struggles. Your weaknesses are beautiful, because it is from that place of repentance that you realize how much you need me (2 Corinthians 12:10, Song of Solomon 1:5).


You are beautiful, my darling, unique, one of a kind (Song of Solomon 1:15, 6:9). How lovely are the works of my hands (Isaiah 64:8)! Who is there to say that my creation is not beautiful (Is 45:9)? I created your inmost being; I knit you together in your mother’s womb (Ps 139:13). See, before I established the foundations of the Earth, I knew you. Before I parted the oceans, I was waiting for you, peering through the lattices of time: Let me hear your voice! (Song of Solomon 8:13). Your voice is like the choicest perfume, like sweet honey to my lips (Song of Solomon 4:11). Do not be afraid (Isaiah 41:10).


Dark are you, but lovely (Song of Solomon 1:5). I have chosen you among you companions, I called you by name, and you are mine (Psalm 45:7, Song of Solomon 2:16). Nothing can separate you from my love (Romans 8:38-39). I am here for YOU, every day, every moment. There is nothing I would not do for YOU, because I have already given you the greatest gift of all, my Son (John 3:16). Here I am, laying before you a banqueting table of my riches (Song of Solomon 2:4). Take, and be filled! Do not be satisfied with the mediocre life that the world has to offer (Song of Solomon 2:4). Only in me can you find the abundant life you are searching for (I Timothy 6:19, John 10:10).


“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know” (Jeremiah 33:3). Be still and listen. Turn off every distraction. In the secret place you shall find me (Psalm 91:1-2). In the temple of your spirit, I have built my resting place (1 Corinthians 6:19). Many search for me, but do not find me, because they fear the cost of my friendship (Luke 9:23). They do not know that true love is not measured on the scales of emotion, but of quiet devotion (John 14:15). So, draw near to me, and I will draw near to you (James 4:8). Even when you do not feel me, I am there. I will never leave you nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5). “For I know the plans I have for you…plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11, NIV). Rejoice, then, rejoice! Give thanks to me and praise me name! (Psalm 100:4). For “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness” (Jeremiah 31:3, NIV). My love for you remains as steady as the rising sun (Psalm 103:17). It never changes, because you are my child, my creation, and I am well pleased with you (Hebrews 13:8).


Love,
Your Heavenly Dad

Composed by Emily Watkins.


© 2010 by Emily Watkins. All rights reserved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment